HOPI EAR CANDLES
EAR WAX REMOVAL
Also known as Thermal Auricular Therapy are hollow candles made from the natural ingredients that are placed in the ear and then lit to draws out earwax and impurities as it burns, thus improving hearing.
Pre – Care
· Do not attempt to clean ears
· Avoid alcohol/drug intake
Please notify your therapist of the following as you may not reach the safety requirements to receive this treatment.
· Ear infection
· they are also not recommended for clients with grommets
· those that have had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients which are beeswax, honey extracts, sage, St John’s Wort, chamomile, beta-carotene and organically grown flax.
After Your Treatment
After receiving an holistic treatment such as Hopi Ear Candle it is perfectly normal to experience the following, known as contra-actions:
* Cold like symptoms.
* Sticky feeling within the ears or the loosing of ear wax.
* Headache or Slight dizziness.
* Slight dryness in the throat.
These reactions will last no longer than 24-48 hours, but if you have any concerns please feel free to contact me.
You may also experience
* Improvement in clarity of sound.
* Lighter feeling in the head and face due to sinus pressure relief.
* Ear wax/residue may naturally work its way out of the ear over the following 24-48 hours, this is normal (I recommend that you protect your pillows with a towel to prevent staining of your bedding).
* Do not submerge your head under water for 24 hours after your treatment and try to avoid cold air blowing into your ears.
* Do not insert anything, including cotton buds inside your ears.
* Drinking plenty of water, squash or herbal teas to help eliminate toxins and flush out the lymphatic system.
* If you experience a runny nose please blow it rather than sniffing.
* If you had a bit of a cold at the time of your treatment please note your symptoms may get worse.
* You should leave a minimum of 48 hours between treatments.
Follow up treatment largely depends on the nature of the ear complaint, please speak with your therapist for advice.
These reactions will last no longer than 24-48 hours, If you have any concerns immediately following your treatment please contact me. If you experience any spots or rashes for more than a week, please consult with your GP.